Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Craig Chesler at Banjo Jim's












Not quite my usual setting or materials: a very dark bar and a Japanese brush pen that my friend Walter gave me last Christmas. But when someone you sort of know announces a last-minute solo instrumental ukulele set at in the East Village on a Tuesday night... well, it's caution to the wind.

The music turned out to be great: not only Craig's, which is always delightful, but the other musicians on the roster as well. In particular, a kid called Alec Gross was amazing.






















Craig is actually better-looking than this. Sorry Craig!




4 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful work, you really captured a mood here!

tim b said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlecG said...

Just saw this yrs. later! Yeah! I could spot my sketched nose a mile away! Really awesome!